Philadelphia International Airport Awards 2010-2011 Merchant of the Year
The Body Shop Named “EDGE!” Winner
PHILADELPHIA—September 16, 2011—The Philadelphia Marketplace Food & Shops at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) congratulates The Body Shop as the 2010-2011 “Merchant of the Year” award recipient. The announcement came during an award-themed celebration, held at the Airport Marriott hotel.
Dominica Scott, manager of The Body Shop, will be awarded $1,000, the EDGE! trophy and the coveted title of “Merchant of the Year.” Each staff member of The Body Shop will also be rewarded.
Restaurant and retail quarterly winners for 2010-2011 include:
- Q1: Legal Sea Foods (D/E Connector) and Brookstone (D/E Connector) Q1
- Q2: Vino Volo (B/C Connector) and The Body Shop (B/C Connector) Q2
- Q3: Chickie’s & Pete’s (International Terminal A West) and PGA Tour Shop (B/C Connector)
- Q4: Earl of Sandwich (Terminal D) and Bose (B/C Connector) Q4
The Philadelphia Marketplace’s EDGE! Program (Excellence Drives Great Experiences) was designed to motivate and reward merchants for providing great customer service to passengers at PHL. Each merchant can earn EDGE! points for exceeding expectations through great customer service, marketing and training. At the end of each quarter, the merchant with the most points is named Merchant of the Quarter, and the merchant with the most points overall is named Merchant of the Year.
Additional EDGIE awards were presented to the following merchants:
- Best New Store Opening: Minute Suites
- Most Exciting Food & Cocktail Location: Legal Sea Foods
- Most Exciting Retail/Merchandise Storefront Display: Swarovski
- Location that Has Received the Best Customer Commendation: Vino Volo
- Retail Merchandising Unit (RMU) with the Most Innovated Products: Arm Candy
- Location with the Most Creative Design/Construction: Legal Sea Foods
- Location with the Friendliest Staff/Management Team: The Body Shop
“The Body Shop sets the bar very high with their continued dedication to strong customer service,” said Anna DiGregorio, Director of Marketing for the Philadelphia Marketplace Food & Shops. “We’re proud of Dominica and the rest of The Body Shop team—and offer our congratulations to all of the merchants who were recognized this year.”
ABOUT MARKETPLACE PHILADELPHIA MANAGEMENT LLC.
MarketPlace Philadelphia Management is the manager of the food and retail program throughout Philadelphia International Airport. The award-winning food and retail program consists of stores and eateries throughout all seven terminals at Philadelphia International Airport. The airport features more than 160 in-line stores, restaurants and services, plus more than 30 specialty retail units. MarketPlace Philadelphia Management is the local management company for MarketPlace Development, a Boston-based retail development firm that partners with airports and airlines to develop, lease, and manage airport retail programs. MarketPlace is an affiliate of New England Development, a full-service development company based in Newton, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.philamarketplace.com Follow us on Twitter at @phlfoodandshops and become a fan on Facebook.
For MarketPlace Philadelphia Management
MarketPlace Philadelphia Management